FBC Core Value: Word-Centered Worship – We believe we encounter the living God through reverential and reflective worship. We aim to center our worship around the Scriptures and allowing them to shape our corporate singing of the Word, the preaching of the Word, our praying of the Word, and celebrating the Word through the ordinances.
God desires for all people to praise Him and the worship ministry of First Baptist Church is organized to help His people exalt God and to enjoy Him forever. Worship is more than music and more than simply an experience. It is a heart and life response to the majesty and holiness of Almighty God. To truly worship then means that someone has first of all come into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ and then focused their attention on his person. FBC’s worship ministry will do everything possible to see this happen; scheduling times of testimony, consciously selecting music that is meaningful for a broad range of people in our congregation and doctrinally sound, as well as providing times of concerted prayer.
The Worship Team points to Jesus Christ in multiple facets of ministry:
- Praise Band: We value authentic worship and on Sunday mornings we gather to honor Jesus Christ through a blend of congregational contemporary and traditional music led by our Praise Band. Music is selected in conjunction with the elders to aid in a cohesive message throughout each Sunday’s service.
- Choir: The FBC choir performs 10-12 times a year, selecting music on the same thematic approach as defined above. On the Sunday mornings they are scheduled to perform, our choir will take the lead in our congregational worship in place of the Praise Band or, on occasion, in conjunction with the Praise Band. In addition, the choir has formed small groups which will continue to reach out into the community by worshiping through song at community events.
- Special Music: This includes worship through solos, ensembles, instrumentalists, hand bells and youth/children’s choirs. Special music can take place as part of our congregational singing or as an instrumental prelude to the call to worship. In addition, special music may be utilized at other church events.
- Audiovisual Team: This team maintains and operates the sound and visual equipment for the church. They will also assist in helping find solutions to new equipment needs. The AV Team, will make available hearing enhancement equipment for those with special needs. All worship services are video recorded and made available online.
- Greet Team: These servants are the firstface of FBC. Their ministry is more than just shaking hands and handing out bulletins. They will assist in locating Sunday school classrooms, identify special needs and correspond with the appropriate people, and provide a welcome packet to new visitors.